Thursday 3 December 2009

Vintage knit patterns







Possibly more retro than vintage (and great for the 80s comeback!), I found a huge bag of knit patterns in my Mums cupboard as we were searching for the instruction book to her old sewing machine (that I'm hoping will become mine). I love the styling, the folds and creases, the yarn shop stamps and the titles, particularly for the baby - 'warm-as-toast baby', 'lovely & lacy baby', 'high-fashion baby'.

I also loved the fact that as we went through the patterns, my Mum commented..."oh yes I remember you in that one, I have that one still in the wardrobe, this one your brother wore after it was passed down from you....." It would be great to get them all out and do a photo shoot alongside the original patterns.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, the 80s. I have mixed feelings about the comeback...that Gemini sweater looks awfully familiar. And you should do that photo shoot. That would be cool!

    ReplyDelete